In connection to the themes Proposal writing and Future-oriented methodologies, two doctoral courses will be arranged, open to all doctoral students.
Sustainability impacts and Societal Relevance in Research Proposals
TBD, autumn term 2022 - 16 December 2022, Lund University (3 ECTS)
The course is about identifying, estimating and formulating societal relevance and sustainability impacts in writing; examples of sustainability requirements and criteria in research call texts; sustainability impacts across different time scales; distribution aspects; local, national and global sustainability impacts; global trade and economic impacts; life-cycle analysis; policy and regulation; systemic approaches; sociotechnical systems; goal conflicts; sustainability indicators; sustainable development goals; planetary boundaries. Course meetings are online, however workshops are either on site or hybrid.
- Course description (PDF 289 kB, new tab)
- Course schedule 2022 (PDF 142 kB, new tab)
- Resources and suggested readings (PDF 0.3 MB, new tab)
- Register before October 1 2022
- Course coordinator: Helen Avery
helen [dot] avery [at] cme [dot] lu [dot] se
Future-Oriented Methodologies (FOMs)
2022, Faculty of Science, Lund University (5 ECTS)
The course gives a broad introduction to some of the issues connected to FOMs, and of research fields where future-oriented tools and approaches have been developed; heuristic and exploratory approaches to issues with incompletely mapped causal mechanisms; simulation and forecasting; machine learning; scenarios, backcasting and vision work; blind spots and systematic bias; extreme values; systemic design; integration of expert knowledge and participatory methodologies in FOMs. The course is planned to be given on campus at Lund University. Note: For PhD students not employed at Lund University or part of ClimBEco there may be a course fee.
- Course description (PDF, 312 kB, new tab)
- Course schedule and more information, see canvas.education.lu.se
- Notification of interest via docs.goolge.com
- Deadline for registration: accepting notification of interest continuously
- Course coordinator: Ullrika Sahlin
ullrika [dot] sahlin [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se