A sustainable student life
There are many ways to get involved in sustainability issues at Lund University as a student. Join student organisations, attend events and learn more about what you can do as an individual. Don't forget to subscribe to the Sustainably Forum Newsletter for monthly updates on research and events within sustainability at Lund University.
Tips for a sustainable student life
- Lund University International Podcast with two international students discussing how you can live sustainably in Lund – lu-international-podcast.transistor.fm
- Sustainable Lund Online Guide – sustainablelund.wordpress.com
A guide set up by students with ideas and tips on how to live sustainably in Lund.
- Try out new vegetarian dishes. All student restaurants and cafes at Lund University offer vegetarian options.
- Invest in a bike. Lund is well suited for biking, and you can reach all places around town by bike. There are many second-hand bike shops, as well as different facebook-groups where you can find bikes for cheap.
There are plenty of opportunities to borrow, rent and repair clothes and items in Lund. There are also many second-hand options, both online and in physical stores.
At the public libraries in Lund, in addition to borrowing books, you can borrow e-books, audio books and stream films via Cineasterna (with a library card).
"Svinnsmart" is often found in many shops where they sell fruit, vegetables, bread or refrigerated goods that are approaching their expiry date or are of lower quality for a reduced price. "Best before" does not mean that a product will necessarily go bad, but until then the product maintains its best guaranteed quality, after that: look, smell and taste! Many goods, especially dry goods, last much longer and are not harmful to eat. An important difference in reducing food waste.
- Recycle your waste. Learn how to separate your waste.
Waste separation guidelines – luaccommodation.lu.se
- Use Naturkartan to explore and experience nature and outdoor life in the local area - naturkartan.se
- In case you are struggling or want to speak with someone, Lund University offers health services for students for free.
Student Healt Centre – lunduniversity.lu.se
Lunds Fontänhus – lundsfontanhus.se